The 3in1 Photo Reference Tool provides the following functions for Photographers & Videographers:
Front Side (Basic White Balance)
- Gray Card for in camera or post production reference
- Exposure Compensation
- Color Reference
Back Side (Advanced White Balance)
- Dual Axis Color Control for dialing in perfect color in post production
- Unlike any other currently available target, the PRT provides a method of Warming or Cooling a subject [Temperature-Kelvin] while automatically adjusting for [TINT] at the same time based on the current location’s lighting situation. This method produces much more realistic results compared to simply moving the Temperature Slider in post production which produces yellowish or bluish whites depending on the direction.
Extensive research and development brings you the completely redesigned 3 in 1 Photo Reference Tool for Photographers and Videographers. Now with a special formulated matte coating on high quality durably PVC plastic and revolutionary Dual Axis Color Control™. Featuring 49 specialized color swatches it provides an all in one solution to Color Correction, White Balance and Exposure Compensation.
Stop warming and cooling your images by simply dragging the temperature sider! This will never produce natural color as it only effects the Blue & Yellow in the image.
The PRT now features the revolutionary Dual Axis Color Control™ which takes into account both ( Green / Magenta and Blue / Yellow ) for fast single click True Color correction with consistent and repeatable results.
1. Color Correction using the 3 in 1 Photo Reference Tool provides color temperature warming, neutralizing and cooling with a single click.
Unlike any other unit on the market, the PRT includes Dual Axis Color Control™ dedicated 24 swatch color picker specifically designed for the portrait and product photographers. Using your favorite image editor enjoy ultra fast post processing, amazing image quality and stunning color fidelity.
Bonus: 12 additional color swatches for visual reference- Natural Skin Tones, RGB and CMY are included.
2. White Balance using the 3 in 1 Photo Reference Tool’s built in gray target is super simple. This target can be used for in-camera custom white balance or color temperature correction during post-processing to neutralize problematic color temperature in an image.
In-Camera Custom White Balance is a huge time saver but more importantly provides increased color fidelity in your final images.
Myth Buster – Severe color cast or color temperature can be fixed in post-production simply by shooting RAW without affecting image quality.
Absolutely Not True! Here’s why.. Example: Shooting a wedding in low incandescent light produces a yellowish image around 2,000 Kelvin on the color temperature spectrum. When attempting to rebalance in post production to a daylight temperature of 5500 Kelvin so much data is lost your image becomes noisy, and the colors flat and muddy.
When possible get color close in camera! For important photos, shoot RAW, and switch your camera from Auto White Balance which can be easily fooled, to a Custom White Balance after using the 3 in 1 Photo Reference Tool. This simple change will increase image quality and increase the overall color fidelity of your photos.
No matter if you shoot in Aperture or Shutter Priority you can only hope the camera’s metering system will “get it right”. Black backgrounds, white backgrounds, specular highlights and alike all too often causes the system to fail, producing unusable over or underexposed images.
No more playing around with exposure compensation and manual spot metering each and every photo!
Regardless of how extreme the lighting conditions are, simply switching to Manual Exposure after using the 3 in 1 Photo Reference Tool guarantees every photo taken at that location and lighting condition will be perfectly exposed.